FULL TIME PROGRAMME DETAILS
Admission Requirements and duration of programme
For UTME entry candidates (5 years programme)
The University Matriculation Examination (UME) subjects include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science. To qualify for admission into the 5 years programme of B. Agric. (Crop Science and Horticulture), candidates must have credit passes in 5 WAEC/GCE/NECO subjects to include English, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology/Agriculture Science. Pass in Mathematics, may be considered if the candidate has a credit in Physics or vice versa. The 5 credits must be obtained in not more than two sittings. A credit pass in Agricultural Science must be backed up at least with a pass in Biology. Aside attaining the approved UME (UTME) minimum score, the candidate must score the required post-UTME of the University.
For Direct Entry (4 years programme)
Direct entry students must possess HSC or GCE A/L in Chemistry and any of the following subjects, Biology, Botany, Zoology, Agricultural Science and at least 5 credits at WAEC /GCE/NECO at O/ level. Candidates with HD/HND/NCE in Agricultural disciplines are also eligible for direct entry admission. Candidates for the four year direct entry programme will be admitted into the 200 level.
To be eligible for a B. Agric. Degree in Crop Science and Horticulture in the Faculty of Agriculture, a candidate must successfully complete the following;
(i) University common courses
(ii) Inter- and intra-Faculty courses
(iii) Departmental courses
(iv) One full year of practical training in the penultimate year in the University or an approved farm or agricultural establishment.
(v) Satisfactory completion and defense of research oriented project work.
Admission by Inter-University transfer
Inter-University transfer admission into the Nnamdi Azikiwe Univeristy shall only be allowed in exceptional circumstances to be determined by the University Admission Committee.
Where the committee decides that it is necessary to accept a candidate on inter-University transfer, such a candidate who must be in good academic standing and has spent at least one academic year in a recognized University, may apply for transfer to continue with his current programme of study or transfer into a new one.
Transfer shall not be allowed into the first or final year of any programme.
A candidate requesting transfer shall:
- Meet the necessary requirements as contained in both the general entry requirements and the Faculty/Departmental requirements.
- Satisfy Faculty/Departmental requirements.
- Return a completed transfer form, obtained from the Registrar at the prescribed fee.
- Ensure that the Registrar of his/her current University forwards his/her full transcript to Nnamdi Azikiwe University.
All completed transfer forms shall be processed by the Dean of the Faculty and the Head of Department to determine appropriate course of study, waiver, year of study and the year of admission.
The results of (v) above shall be presented to the Admission Committee of Senate for consideration and approval
If admitted the student shall:
- Earn waivers for only those relevant courses passed in his/her previous University.
- Receive a formal letter of transfer/admission from the Registrar stating the Department, the programme into which admitted, waivers granted, the year of study and the session the candidate shall be registered in.
All transfers shall be completed before the registration of each academic session.
Deferment of Admission
- Candidates to be considered for deferment of admission shall be only those candidates admitted through of UME or Direct Entry.
- Applications to JAMB for deferment of admission shall be copied to the Registrar, Nnamdi Azikiwe University and shall be made within first two (2) weeks of the session.